Keep the cold out this winter with these delicious heart-warming beverages.
Easy Blender Eggnog
With the winter holiday season just around the corner, we simply have to start our list with eggnog! Grab your blender for this super easy recipe, and you’ll have this holiday classic prepared in minutes.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup of brandy (optional)
- Bring the cream, sugar, and nutmeg to a simmer in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Blend eggs on low speed for 1 minute in the blender. While the motor is running, gradually add in the hot cream mix.
- Blend till frothy – ±30 seconds. Add the brandy (Bourbon or cognac) and blend to mix. Serve it warm and enjoy under a cozy blanket or near a crackling fire.
Cranberry Mulled Wine
Spice up this old-time classic with fresh cranberries and cranberry juice.
Ingredients – serves 2-3
- 1½ cups of cranberry juice cocktail
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 pieces of star anise
- 3 cups of dry red wine (e.g. Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon)
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- In a large saucepan, mix the cranberry juice brew with the sugar, star anise and cinnamon sticks. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cranberries and return to a simmer. Best served warm.
Stress-free Chai Tea
For a cup full of goodness, this favorite is simpler to prepare than you may think.
Ingredients – serves 2/3
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 8 cloves
- 8 cardamom seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 1-inch sliced piece of fresh ginger
- 4 bags of black tea (e.g. Darjeeling)
- Place the cloves, peppercorns, and cardamom in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a heavy pan.
- Place the crushed spices in a medium-sized saucepan with the ginger, cinnamon sticks, milk and 2 cups of water. Bring it to the boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the tea bags, cover, and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain into cups and add sugar to taste.
Malted Hot Cocoa Topped with Toasted Marshmallows
If you like marshmallows, you simply have to try them with your favorite hot chocolate drink.
Ingredients – serves 1
- 1 serving of hot cocoa mix, made up according to the directions on the packet
- 3 marshmallows
- 3 TBS of malted milk powder
- Pre-heat oven/ toaster oven.
- Place the marshmallows on a foil-lined, oven-proof baking sheet and out in the oven until just golden (±30 seconds).
- In the meantime, prepare the hot cocoa mix according to directions on the package.
- Mix with the malted milk powder.
- Top with the toasted marshmallows.
All beverages are enjoyed best under a warm blanket and preferably next to a crackling fire!